July 17, 2009

A Workin' Man...

I've been struck this week especially that having a great husband & father to our baby is such a blessing from God. Yes, it does sounds quite obvious, but some things aren't appreciated as much until circumstances accentuate the truth. This week, Jordan has been able to resurrect his painting business (laid to rest in October 2008, RIP). It is such a mixed blessing for me, and I'm learning to be grateful for God's provision in even "non-ideal" ways. This extra work will meet some needs pertaining to some very expensive paperwork that will get us moved to the great north someday, but it does require my husband to be out early every morning and home late every night for a few days. These days are long for me, but even longer for him. I've had lots of time to talk to myself and talk Elyse's ears off (I'm sure she is really BEGGING to go down for her naps to shut me up), but I've also had lots of time to reflect on God's provision for our family and his greater plan for us. I'm so thankful for a husband who is not afraid of work, and who misses us as much as we miss him during the week. I'm thankful that the extra work is only a temptation for him when it comes to meeting our needs, and that he's not a lover of money. I'm thankful that he misses Elyse and wants to hear every little thing she's doing in his absence. I love that he takes advantage of any time with me & her during the day to remind us of his love. Men like this are hard to find, so Elyse had better learn now to be picky! :)





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post was encouraging to me. A good perspective. Richard often times works very long hours and it's very easy to get frustrated, not at him just at the situation. But it is true, I can be thankful that he wants to know everything we are doing all day long, he hates being away as much as we hate him to be away, and God provides for all of our needs. Richard too is a great man - a great example for Carson to follow. Thanks for helping me with my perspective. :-)

Michael, Nina, Emma, Elliot & Ethan said...

wonderful reminder of the blessings that God has given to us through our husbands! i too am so thankful...especially these past couple of weeks as I become increasingly big and uncomfortable he has gone out of his way to show his love to me and the kids. i've learned so much about our heavenly Father through being a mom, but have learned even more about God by being Michael's wife.
And I love that picture of Elyse sitting beside Jordan while he is working on his computer.

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

Very very sweet. Isn't it so easy to be grumbling and complaining when our hubbies are busy and forget how hard they have to work for us. :) So glad Jordan can paint a little extra during this time. Love all the pics and know how much he loves being with his girls! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw!!! Love this post and love the pictures!

jeileenbaylor said...

Such a sweet post and good reminder to be thankful for our hard working husbands!