fun's:
* I love the random bursts of clapping. She'll clap when she coughs or when she likes her food, and it never ceases to make me laugh.
* A scrunched up little happy face always accompanies the claps :)
* She claps her feet together very often, especially when she's on her changing table, which makes for some interesting diaper changes!
* She's getting more interactive with our games. From tickling to peek-a-boo, I actually am starting to think she's playing!
* I could be wrong, but I swear she's saying "da-da" to Jordan more and more! Yes, I'm "da-da," too sometimes.
* Story-time at night is still quite funny. She has her favorite books and favorite parts in each book that always yield a smile! She has also learned to close the book when she's bored. Um, I don't think so!
* Kids and animals make her laugh, HARD. She also loves her teddy bear from Dad. In the grumpiest of moods, that bear will get a belly laugh out of her!
* One of the songs I sing over and over to her at night as we rock is Karen Carpenter's "Close To You." I've been singing that song to her since I was pregnant with her, and she always gives me a huge smile when she hears the opening line. If that doesn't melt your heart...?
not-so-fun's:
* Elyse is definitely experiencing some frustration at her lack of mobility. Hmm... I can think of a solution!
* Thankfully, most of the whining has disappeared (for now, right?), but it has been replaced by a strange fake cry that can often mimic a tiny, pathetic puppy.
* She is into yanking on any jewelry with all her might. NOT okay with Mom.
* She is also into yanking on hair with all her might. NOT okay with Mom. (Who really believes that short hair prevents that problem?) :)
* She is SO nosey when it comes to computers or remotes or cell phones. She is not allowed to play with any of these so as not to create future problems when she's a toddler, but she doesn't quite get that yet :) What is it about buttons?
* And the BIGGEST not-so-fun is watching my baby grow up. Shouldn't I always be able to cradle her in my arms? Don't worry, I'm not giving that up yet :)

2 comments:
I always love reading your "birthday" posts. Makes me wish I was more on top of things... :) She's getting so grown up - I LOVE the clapping stage, but have to admit, the book closing thing drives me a little crazy. :) And, am I the only one who's seeing Eli in her now intead of just Shiloh?!?! Also loved your last post about loving being a mommy... I may have to go back and read that one every few days. :) Give sweet Elyse big kisses from Anutie Anni!
She is so sweet--I can't believe she is at 10 months Sue!
Post a Comment