November 11, 2009

Surprise Getaway!

My husband left a little note for me after he left for work one day last week telling me that he was going to take me away for a night. His note was really cute, but he said we were just going somewhere in our own backyard. Yes, I missed the figurative aspect of that phrase, and immediately I pictured a small 4 person tent in our backyard, the baby monitor 12 inches from my head. Nope, I don't think so! Once I clarified that with him, I was actually quite excited! My sweet hubby took me to the Governor Dinwiddie Hotel in Olde Towne Portsmouth. The name of the hotel made me giggle, but the place was awesome! We had a great suite and perfect weather to walk around and catch the ferry over to downtown Norfolk for dinner. Jordan got to enjoy a whole lobster, and I inhaled a filet mignon at the charming Freemason Abbey. I promise I did chew! :) It was my first night away from Elyse, but I knew she was in very capable hands. Of course, I still had to confirm with Aunt Anneke that she was truly asleep before I could sleep peacefully, but it was a perfect night away. Yes, I was so excited to see my pumpkin the next morning, but our getaway was a lovely reminder of our "original" little family. I knew it was just what we needed when we came home ready to fight over who got to hold Elyse first! I'm so thankful Jordan & I are more in love today than we ever dreamed we could be 6 1/2 years ago. Every day gets better!









4 comments:

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

You guys are such a sweet couple. Reading this actually brought tears to my eyes. Love you Sue!

Karis said...

Way to go, Jordan!

I know it's hard to leave precious baby(ies) behind, but I am so proud of you for being willing to do it, Sue. What a special date.

kellyH said...

that is so fun! I am so glad you were able to have fun in a place better than your backyard. :) that area is so great with so many special spots to go to feel like you're "away" without hardly going anywhere!

shanna said...

You guys are too cute. This looks like so much fun - love all your pictures (though where is the filet mignon!? ha!).