November 6, 2009

What's been soundin' good

This current pregnancy of mine has me wanting LOTS of carbs and NOT a lot of vegetables. It really has been a chore this time to make myself a salad or fix veggies. And believe me, it's not because I fail to have good food on hand. In fact, I am most motivated when I shop! Last year, I switched out all of our whites for whole wheats, and I only go back on rare occasions (eg. french toast!). I spend more time now shopping the perimeter of the grocery store (fresh and refrigerated), but now there are days when I return from the grocery store discouraged because I don't want to eat a BIT of what I bought! I'm determined to persist through this phase, though, knowing it will pass & knowing my baby's health is more important than what sounds good to me. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I begin craving spinach & carrot sticks again. *cough, cough* I have been feeling well, as long as I refrain from overeating (always a good thing!) and remember to eat something small at least every 2 or 3 hours. Here are some pictures of what's been tasting good to me (the salad picture is quite motivational to me). One is good, one is okay, and one is very, very, very bad :)



Who doesn't love a BLTCheese???

And my all-time new favorite, our version of the Canadian "Poutine." (FYI, please do not look that up in any search engine... take my word for it.) BUT, I'll tell you it's french fries, gravy and cheese. I mocked it for years until I finally tried it. I'm sorry, poutine! I will make it up to you! :)

6 comments:

kellyH said...

that salad is one of my favs! they all look good though! hope you continue to feel well. don't be too hard on yourself, as long as you're eating at all. :) baby will thrive no doubt!

Anonymous said...

Yummy Yums!

juliechall said...

Love it!!! I did not enjoy that stage...I hope it's over soon!

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

Okay, that last one looks scary!!! But glad it does the trick for ya! :) I'm sure the baby loves it too. Atleast you can eat regular food - nice not to see a picture of Saltines! :)

Karis said...

I ate pretty much all carbs for the first 16-18 weeks of all three pregnancies... sigh... knowing fruits and veggies would be so much healthier. But, didn't bother me so much this time because first two kiddos came out healthy despite all those carbs (and all over weight gain that came from them :-). Still, the desire to want to do what's healthy is there... I couldn't even keep down vitamins... but my first two kiddos were healthy so praise the Lord.

Just make it through these beginning weeks. Hang in there! The next phase of pregnancy is so much better.

jeileenbaylor said...

Haha- this made me laugh so hard Sue! I will definitely take your word for it and not google your favorite new dish ;) Glad you are feeling well over all and fighting the worst of the carb cravings (gotta give in here and there :) I really do want a blt w/cheese now though!