Well, there's been a lot of reading going on in this house all week. My neighbor dropped off an armload of books from her playroom that weren't being used anymore, and Elyse is in book-heaven! Some of them are still a bit old for her, but she is fascinated by all of the new stories and pictures. My new favorite is Corduroy, but I love the way Elyse is addicted to the two books with princesses in them (much to my poor husband's chagrin). I didn't have the heart to hide them from her :)
In such a little thing, I am so grateful for God's gifts. I'm not too picky to buy used books, but they are very hard to find in good condition. These are in beautiful condition. I have been a bit on the sleepy side this week (I LOVE my naps these days!), so nothing suits me more than having Elyse drag her books over for a good read. I have probably spent hours with her this week on my ever-shrinking lap as she giggles over her favorite pictures. I know I won't forget these special moments with her as long as I live. She probably doesn't notice how I just have to play with her curls or smell her hair, because she's far to wrapped up in the little bear without the button. I love it, love it, love it. . .

2 comments:
wow, that's awesome! I love that she likes books and that you get to have that quiet time with her. :)
How fun!!!!!! I think books are on my top 10 list of favorite things to get as gifts - and reading to the girls is one of my favorite things to do. Tell Jordan it's inevitable that Elyse will be a sparkling, frilly princess, especially after she hangs around with her cousin AJ in August. Happy reading!!! :)
Post a Comment