April 10, 2010

Sacred

Amidst being "housebound" this weekend with a sick, fussy little darling, I listened a bit more closely to this song. The melody is catchy, and I'm a huge fan of Caedmon's Call to begin with. I'll soon be joining the ranks of those of you moms with more than one child, and I know within a matter of weeks, I'll soon be able to relate to this song even more! It doesn't take long for days like these to drive my mind to how much I have to be thankful for (admittedly, after a bit of grumbling). Elyse's cold will go away, unlike many ailments children suffer from in the world. I get to take care of my baby, a privilege many moms without working husbands don't have. I have the Lord to remind me that each action in my day can be done for his glory, even when no one is watching. AND, I can remember that everything is sacred. There is no "banal" task (I admit, rinsing out Elyse's cloth diapers will test that truth) in life when all of life is worship to our God.



"Sacred" from the album Overdressed

This house is a good mess:
it’s the proof of life.
No way would I trade jobs
but it don’t pay overtime.

I’ll get to the laundry;
I don’t know when.
I’m saying a prayer tonight
cause tomorrow it starts again.

Could it be that everything is sacred?
And all this time. . .
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes.

The children are sleeping,
but they’re running through my mind.
The sun makes them happy,
and the music makes them unwind.

My cup runneth over,
and I worry about the stain.
Teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing.

Could it be that everything is sacred?
And all this time. . .
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes.

When I forget to drink from you
I can feel the banks harden.
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden.

Wake up, little sleeper!
The Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine,
rise and shine cause

Everything is sacred!
And all this time. . .
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes.


Words and Music by Randall Goodgame and Andrew Osenga (c) 2007 House of Mirrors Music (ASCAP) admin. by Simpleville Music, Inc. / 2007 Mighty Molecule Music. (ASCAP) admin by Music Services

7 comments:

Laura D said...

Wow! Never heard that song, but I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

jeileenbaylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeileenbaylor said...

I don't think I have heard that one before! I love Caedmon's call - and the lyrics of that song were a blessing. Thanks for sharing!

Oh and on a side note - I showed Tim this adorable picture of Elyse and Jordan and he said, "She is huge!" - I laughed but said, "babe, you know Maddy is in like the 5th percentile right? Elyse is just the size she is supposed to be - haha ;)

Katie Barker said...

Good post Sue!

JordanandSue said...

Julie, we agree- Elyse is HUGE! :)

juliechall said...

I haven't heard that before, Sue - but I will be looking for it. Thanks for that reminder - I've been thinking of you and missing you - I know what it's like to be stuck at home and how the Lord teaches me special things :) See you soon!

Anneke said...

A much needed reminder today. I think I'll have this one on repeat over the next 8 weeks... :)