September 8, 2010

A couple of funnies...

While it's on my brain, I thought I'd type out a few of the funny things that Elyse has done lately...

* The other day, Elyse was digging in my clean laundry basket and discovered a pair of my shorts.  She likes to identify laundry, so she immediately said, "Daddy shorts."  I responded by saying, "No, those are Mommy's shorts."  She said, "Daddy shorts" a few times and finally left and went to check with Daddy since I apparently wasn't giving her the right answers.  She holds the shorts up to Jordan and says, "Daddy shorts."  Jordan responded just like I did.  After a few more go-a-rounds, Elyse stood up and yelled, "DADDY SHORTS!!!!" at the top of her lungs :)  For a 20 month old, that's one stubborn response!  We then had a short discussion about arguing that went totally over her head.

* We were at a friend's house Saturday night, and they have a dog named Riley.  Elyse really like Riley and enjoyed playing with her for a few minutes.  A couple of days later, we had some new friends over to the house, and their little girl is named Rylee.  I told Elyse that her little friend had arrived, and she laughed and said, "Riley, woof woof!"  She barked at her a few more times before she eventually forgot.  :)

* Elyse was playing with her doll house, and she held up one of the little beds and asked, "Whazzat?"  I responded it was a bed.  She repeated, "Bed.  Nana bed."  This girl is obsessed with banana bread!!!

1 comment:

juliechall said...

Cute - I think my favorite is the Riley story. The way our kiddos make connections is hilarious. We were at the beach Tues night, and I said to Brynne "look, those are waves." Of course, she starts to wave :) Why didn't I realize that would be confusing???