September 19, 2010

Four Months Old!

Wow.  I seriously need to come up with more creative titles to these posts.  Emily Mae almost missed getting a special post today because Mommy almost went to bed without remembering to post this!  But, how can I neglect these important milestones and still sleep well???  We have lovingly nicknamed Em our little piglet these days.  Partly because she's suffered from 3 colds this summer (yuk), but also because she's got that natural newborn stuffiness you hear about in the "What To Expect" books :)  Yes, I'm admitting that I actually took her to the doctor to find out why in the world she still sounded stuffy weeks after a cold.  I'm sure the doctor was really impressed with my keen maternal senses.  She's also our little piglet because she seems quite tiny (though she was almost 13 pounds a couple of weeks ago) and loves to raise her eyebrows in the most genuine look of innocence and curiosity that I've ever seen.  Okay, that might not have much to do with piglet, but she kind of looks like piglet, too :)  Emily enjoys playing on her tummy, which is fun, but she still doesn't notice very many toys.  Perhaps that's because she's too busy following her big sister with her eyes?  Elyse is her primary source of entertainment!  She loves to give Elyse big smiles and even "talks" to her.  Not only is Emily's jabbering incredibly loud at times, but she's so expressive with her inflections :)  She is starting to do some 12 hour stretches at night, so Mommy is LOVING that!  She loves Mommy, Daddy, Elyse and long walks in her double stroller.  Here are my new (or repeat, since not that much has changed...) fun's and not-so-fun's for this month:

fun's:

* having her wake up happy in the morning
* watching her wiggle her little eyebrows
* She is almost constantly fidgeting with her hands and fingers!  I have no idea why, but she always seems so busy :)
* smiles, smiles, smiles
* she is interacting with us all so much more, but she especially interacts with Elyse
* hearing the girls "work it out" in their room at night :)  Sometimes I just have to sit here on the couch and laugh as they try to talk over each other!  I know it's only the beginning...
* This should probably be in the next category, but I believe I'm sensing a fake cry??

not-so-fun's:

* still dealing with weekly blowouts.  Seriously.  When will this end?
* Emily still jumps a mile when Elyse gets up in her face and laughs or yells...
* The poochy lip is killin' me!!
* She's getting less flexible when she misses a nap & she's not falling asleep as much in random locations...
* She's outgrowing all of her cute baby stuff, and I think I might need to do some shopping for her winter wardrobe!


Emily Mae, you can quit getting big anytime now!  STOP!  We love you to pieces and can't imagine what our family was like without you!

4 comments:

shanna said...

Ok, that yellow dress with her teeny-tiny toes peeking out at the bottom? Cutest thing ever. Happy four months, Emily!

kellyH said...

ah, I love that pic of the two of you!! don't know yet what I am going to do with two, but I know it will be great. :)

Anonymous said...

I love her busy hands and expressive eyebrows. She is just so kissable!

Stephanie said...

I love that picture of the two of you--so sweet!