* I've been offline recently due to a small technical disaster. I can still close my eyes and envision my sweet Elyse trying to take a drink of water out of my big girl cup not three feet from our computer. The wave of water splashing onto the keyboard is forever etched upon my mind. Note to self: do NOT plan to cook chicken enchiladas, talk on the phone, and expect that your toddler will sit quietly and twiddle her thumbs. :)
* My girls are getting so big. Schedules have aligned lately in such a way that these two get to go through the bedtime routine together. I love having a girl on each knee as we try to read, sing, pray, and keep Emily's hands from touch Elyse in any way. Ah, sisterhood.
* We pulled out the little pink potty the other week to break Big E into seeing what her little potty looks like. She seems to love looking at it. Going on it, not so much. We'll take that one slowly... We do have a lot of "potty" language going on, though :) FUN.
* New favorite moment with my girls: as I'm burping Emily, Elyse loves to come up closely to her face and just smile at her. Emily just smiles back :)
* I've made at least 6 trips to the grocery store this week. 3 of them were made in the span of 1 hour.
* Elyse loves having tea parties. We had a tea party this morning with Daddy & Emily. Elyse downed the pretend sugar bowl.
* It's been raining for three straight days, and I've actually loved the excuse to stay in with my girls! Plus, naps have been longer :)
* I am totally and completely addicted to Smuckers Natural Creamy PB. New favorite snack: stir a spoonful of pb into a bowl of vanilla yogurt- add a chopped apple or a crushed graham cracker. Yep. Deeeeelish.
* Emily is almost officially out of her 0-3 month clothes. She still seems tiny to me, but she's obviously not that tiny...
* Elyse is totally and completely addicted to cornbread & grapes. I can get her to eat just about ANYTHING if there's a grape or a piece of cornbread waiting for her. It's SO so so so great.
* Elyse loves to drag a blanket around the house lately. She also loves to say "cuddle" and actually does cuddle with me if I'm on the couch. I love it.
* I'm starting to wonder when Elyse will automatically say "thank you." I've only been prompting her for a few months, but I'm starting to wonder when she'll pick it up on her own. Hmm... I must say, that will be nice.
* Emily's awake more these days. I really like that. I think she's awake between 50 min and 1 hour between feedings. I get kind of sad when she goes down for a nap! I do love hearing Elyse say, "Emmie take nap; bye bye, Emmie!"
* We have a silly book called "Baby Face" - I think I actually got it at a grocery store (lame), but pictures in the book describe facial expressions, and one of them is called "yummy face." The baby in the picture has nasty sauce smeared all over his face. What is that? There is no expression called "yummy." Plus, I'm not a fan of that word. Sure enough, Elyse had spaghetti all over her face the other day... You guessed it! "Mommy? YUMMY face." Guess I should start previewing books before I pay even a buck for them :)
* I made the most ridiculously delicious minestrone soup the other night. Yummy face! J/k... :)




3 comments:
Aw! I just loved reading this. I would love it if you passed on that minestrone soup recipe. I would like to have a YUMMY face! : )
fun update! it sounds like you're getting a little past the crazy newborn phase, so hopefully it gets a little easier to juggle! I think Elyse looks so much like Shiloh in the first pic. Cute pic of you & J too!
I loved all these! I especially wish I could see the little sisters giggle at each other and have a tea party. :) And don't feel bad, my 4 yr old still doesn't say thank you often without being prompted. ;) Give your adorable munchkins a big kiss from me - I miss them! :(
Post a Comment