November 17, 2010

Love those Mondays.

We enjoyed such a great day with Jordan on Monday.  It's been a while since we had a day together as a family, and I'm always reminded how great those days are!  The girls just love having him around & so do I.  He (for some strange reason) thought it would be fun to tag along on a couple of my shopping trips, but we just had to break the day up with an ice cream date.  
Let's just say, Elyse definitely double dipped.  Doesn't Daddy look sad? :) 
She was moving back and forth between our cones so fast, I'm sure was having brain freezes that she was just flat-out ignoring.  
Emily gnawed on her toy rings, and I was reminded that our family dates won't always be so cheap and simple :)  
Emily ALSO had her first shoulder-ride from Daddy, and she was in awe of the great big world around her.  It consisted of a shabby parking lot, but she seemed to be fascinated.  I'm so thankful for a husband that loves to be with us.  We sure love to be with him!

2 comments:

cranny + b said...

Sue- I so hear you!
I treasure our family time and I'm sure it just gets sweeter with added kiddos ;-)

juliechall said...

Sue...I was just thinking the same thing (about Mondays!). I love the picture of Elyse taking a big bite of ice cream, and I love those curls in the last picture.