* Emily has figured out how to do fishy lips. Seriously, it might be the most hilarious part of the last two days. Well, it's a toss-up between that and this video that I stumbled across. I love that Emily will pull out those fishy lips at random times, too. It makes us all smile. I'm still trying to capture the illusive fish on camera.
* Elyse has been working on her pronouns. She's very interested in using pronouns, but she's a bit confused on her masculine and feminine. I must say, it's funny to watch her correct herself two or three times before she gets something right. This morning, she said that her cousin Eli was at her own house. No, Eli was at his own house. No, Eli was at a BIG house. There's a solution! So creative. That's what I do, Elyse... I just rephrase it so I won't sound grammatically incompetent.
* I've always been repetitive when I've communicated with Elyse. Mostly, I've been that way because I learned early on that she responded very well when I would talk a lot to her. I might spend lots of time telling her what might happen if she... blah, blah... Anyway, I always remind her when I put on her big girl undies how she is supposed to behave in them: DO NOT GO IN YOUR PANTIES! Sure enough, every time we get dressed now, she'll put on this Mommy-sing-songy-voice and say, "REMEMBER: Do not go in your pannnntttiiieeeeeeeeesss!!!"
* Elyse loves to chat with Emily about nothing, but the other day I had to laugh as she told Emily that at night, she would get to see the big, big moon, and lots of stars, and the little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay. Really, dear? "Away In A Manger" gone awry.
* I've always done "this little piggy" when I've cut the girls fingernails or toenails. Hey, it keeps me amused. Elyse fills in the gaps with "this little piggy has toast & beef." Yum!
* Emily always seems up to something. Her newest trick of random screams is probably only a small indication of the spunk she has. Em's current "this should drive me mad, but I keep laughing" issue involves blowing raspberries & food. I often wonder why we don't produce docile children, but then I am reminded of what we are like :)
* Elyse was just chattering on about her potential treats for going on the potty. The list sounded like this: "Umm.... some candy, um.... some cookies, um... or a sucker, um.... how 'bout some jelly beans, um... and green beans!!!"
* I gave Elyse her bath this morning, so Emily got her bath tonight. Elyse was very sad that they didn't take a bath together. When Elyse was Em's age, I bathed her in the kitchen sink most nights because it was just easier :) Emily got her first bath in the sink tonight, and she loved it. Elyse came around, and she ended up loving it too, as long as she could pull a chair over to watch.
* I'm feeling especially thankful for my two little darlings tonight. I gave them lots of extra kisses & hugs and they were OUT by 6:45. Times like this, I'm especially aware of God's amazing gifts. What a thought it is that these amazing little gifts given to me are just a teeny tiny reflection of who God is. Crazy.


2 comments:
I loved reading about all the happenings. Toast & beef - hilarious!
LOVE reading your blog and keeping up on you and the kids. Such sweethearts!!!! Also, you are a great writer. Love you!
Post a Comment