March 17, 2011

I'm pretty sure I'll never adjust to...

. . . sweeping up mounds of food off my kitchen floor.  Seriously, I could have stored it in a container as a legitimate leftover.  I didn't, but I could have.  There was a whole meal there!  Ever since Emily's been eating primarily finger food, we've started being more in awe of when she actually keeps food on her tray.

Will I ever get used to picking my girls' noses?  That is just not a cool mom task.  But, hey, it's got to come out sometimes.

I'm wondering if I'll ever adjust to hunting down the nearest bathroom whenever we're out, just in case Elyse needs a stop immediately.  I feel like I'm more in tune with toilets than emergency exits.

Will I ever get used to being a potty coach?

Will I ever get used to almost fully bathing my children after every meal?

Is it possible to quit noticing that my back pockets almost always hold a used tissue from my girls' noses?

I'm not sure if this is normal with other moms, but will I ever go back to using a scented candle just for fun (as opposed to masking the smell of the girls' bedroom)?  Embarrassing, but true.

Not sure if it's possible to ever adjust to singing poopie songs regularly throughout the day.

Will I ever stop caring that Emily has ingested unidentified objects from my floors?  I think not.
Will I ever stop chuckling at the fact that Elyse puts her Little People doll on the Little People potty and teaches said doll how to go?  Visually?
Will I ever get used to the fact that I've gotten more excited about my kids' hair than my own for the last year?


Will I ever get used to the girls' jabbering at bedtime?  I must say, it's like a brand new, fun sound every night.  I especially loved hearing, "Emily Mae, look at this!" and hearing a loud thud as Elyse hit the crib floor tonight.  Smiles.

These are just some of the things that I've been pondering lately.... :)  

2 comments:

Anneke said...

Haha! This made me laugh. Oh, the things we do... :)

jeileenbaylor said...

This made me smile :) I can totally relate! I light candles periodically because I feel like my house smells like poop-ha!