* I made hamburgers the other day, and I took for granted that I don't make them much... Elyse calls them "burnagers." Not because I burned them, either :) Emily is obsessed with coloring, and she will point to the bin of crayons and coloring books and yell "cock-a-pee!"
* Elyse has started to spontaneously pray. I love hearing what comes out of her mouth! She usually starts with, "Thank you for the Lord who blesses us," and somewhere along the way, she thanks God for cartoons. Of course.
* Both of the girls are REALLY into baby dolls and pretending that their stuffed animals are babies. I think the dollar store baby bottles sealed the deal. The girls will dig out their receiving blankets, wrap up their "babies," and feed and rock their babies throughout the day. I'll find babies "sleeping" under our pillows, in the towels, under their beds, ... It's pretty fun to think that they'll be getting their baby brother soon! Even Em loves to sing to her doll as she puts it to sleep, and if that blanket is not JUST RIGHT, we're in trouble.
* I have a couple of videos of the girls that I've been watching over and over again. Video one is here, and video two is here. I swear, I could watch them over and over!
* Elyse's has a habit of "cussing" when she's upset or exasperated at something. I wish I could remember all of her bad words, but some of my favorites are:
SICK HORSE!
Poopie, doopie, loopie!
Old MacDonald!
Oh, heck! (No, I'm sure she wouldn't have picked up that from her parents...*cough*)
* Emily had a check-up today, and she weighed in at 25lbs, 3oz. She's almost 20 months, and she's definitely packing on the pounds :) So much for my little peanut! She knew from the minute we walked down to the office that bad memories were associated with that office, and she whimpered most of the visit :( Poor baby!
* Elyse loves to teach Emily words. Sometimes it's fun. Most of the time it's not. She taught her "MINE" during nap time the other day (Yes, I know this because I listened in disbelief outside the door), and as soon as Em started to yell it, Elyse yelled for me to come and correct Emily. She likes to get her to say "cupcake" and "gumdrop" and "poopie." *sigh* Will she ever be a little lady?
* Jordan wore a suit the other day to a funeral, and Elyse said, "Daddy, that's a really pretty dress you're wearing." Yea, that about says how often he wears a suit.
* Emily just can't resist unzipping her pi's. I will go in to check on her at night, and she will often have them entirely unzipped.
* Emily has been going without her morning nap this week, which has been... um... interesting. I think we'll still be pulling it out every so often, but for the most part, it's made for some smoother afternoons. My little girl is getting so big! I'm amazed when I see her all stretched out in her crib that she's a toddler now. I know when she holds Jakob, it's really going to hit me!
* Yea, I know it's exciting stuff. I love these two, in all of their craziness. I am feeling a bit more tired with this third trimester thing going on, but it is so fun knowing that we get to meet a new family member in a matter of weeks. Can't wait to have a newborn around!


No comments:
Post a Comment