I'm going to start him on cereal in the next week or two, mostly because my mommy instinct tells me I should. Expect some pics soon :) Jakob's current tricks: rolling all over, grabbing both feet and trying to roll (love that one!), squealing like a pig, sticking out his tongue, blowing raspberries every once in a while, making funny faces (he loves to chew on his bottom lip), giggling, standing (with help, of course), and family-watching. He loves to watch us and the girls, and he seems amused at our antics. I've caught him up on his knees several times, and he's getting familiar with the push-up position, so sooner or later, he's going to put two and two together!
One of the biggest differences I now notice in having a boy is the way he is constantly in motion! Slapping, hitting, thrashing around... it's so different :) I know it's only the beginning, right? Here are my current fun's and not-so-fun's for this age. Nothing really new, but it's good for me to make these notes!
fun's:
* bathtime! He has so much fun- he just hangs out and kicks away!
* He still loves to be held. If I'm not somewhere I can put him down to sleep, he will crash on me (when his sisters aren't poking him) fairly easily.
* He loves hanging out with Daddy! I think they have a special male bond that we just can't relate to! p.s. I swear, Jordan's extended paternity leave seems to have made that bond a bit stronger :) I love it!
* I love getting him up in the morning. He's quite happy to see me :)
* He's been pulling 10 hour stretches (finally!) - at least he was before the sickies hit :(
* His knee rolls. 'nuf said.
(sporting his new goofy face)
not-so-fun's:
* the inconvenience of cereal. I know he needs it, but I'm somewhat dreading this transition to "prepared mommy" whenever we go somewhere :)
* Did I mention I'm tired of cloth diapering? I feel like I'm already doing a countdown to when this guy is potty trained!!! I've been cloth diapering for over 3.5 years with no significant breaks. It's time :)
* Spit-up and drool. Still yucky!
* Seeing him grow is so fun, yet so sad. I always knew I was a baby person, but it's hard to see that baby growing. I will have to make sure I enjoy ALL OF THIS. All of it.
Jakob Henry, you're sweet. Stay sweet, please :) ... and chubby.



2 comments:
Just love those knee rolls too! I hope all three kids will know how to do their own laundry by age 6 so you can enjoy cloth-diaper AND other laundry freedom. Hee hee.
So sweet! And I totally feel you on the cloth diapers!
Post a Comment