April 16, 2009

Daddy's Girl


Today as I watched Jordan play with Elyse, I had to pause and thank God for a husband who truly enjoys being a dad. Since Elyse is still in the "sleep-a-lot" stage, I take for granted that he usually only has a couple of waking hours with her on the days he's working. I love the way his face falls when he comes in from working in the yard or running errands, and the answer to his question of "Where's my little girl?" is the standard: "Asleep." That sounded mean... I don't LOVE the sadness in his face, but I do LOVE that he misses her. He enjoys being the one to wake her up from naps, convince her she's happy when she's truly mad, cuddle with her when there's a million other things that he could be doing... I must admit, there's nothing like watching your man adore his girl. I have a wonderful dad, so needless to say, it is so important to me that Elyse have that same experience. Knowing the pressure I face as a new mom, I cannot begin to imagine the weight Jordan must carry as the provider for and spiritual leader of our family. Yet, seeing him take the time to enjoy all the little moments of parenthood that I enjoy, I'm reminded how blessed I am! So, I thought it only fitting that my first real post be about the person that consumes most of my thoughts... my husband. I can't wait for Elyse to figure out what a great guy he is! I had better hurry and post this before he gets home and stops me...

3 comments:

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

I love your post, and I love that you're blogging! Yeah! Adrianna and I are privileged to be your first guests - she is invasively watching over my shoulder right now. Keep these posts coming! I'll be better about posting too. :)

JordanandSue said...

Well, I'm honored to have you as guests :) Tell Adrianna I'd like her to start a blog sometime. I'd be her most avid fan! I'll be watching for your posts!

shanna said...

How cute are you guys!? Loved reading this.