July 11, 2009

Sittin' Pretty...

I've delayed posting this for quite a while since sitting up is not an overnight accomplishment. There were quite a few tumbles in the beginning, but thankfully, they have become fewer and fewer. SO, I guess you can say Elyse is sitting up? She is finally learning to totally relax while she's sitting (which means I actually see her smile now instead of seeing only the look of deep concentration), and she seems to enjoy looking at the world a little differently. She stills gets tipsy, but it's a little less "harsh" when she does topple. I do enjoy watching her learn new things! We spent some time yesterday enjoying a perfect, humidity-free day in the backyard, and here are some pictures to prove it! See, Babe, all that work you do outside pays off! :)







3 comments:

jeileenbaylor said...

yahooee! Maddy has just now really started to get it down - it's kind of funny to see them topple and try to recover - so bad, I know!? Congrats to your little gal - she is such a cutie!

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

This was always my favorite stage. If it seems to be yours....enjoy it to the fullest because she will be moving around, getting into things before too long.
She sure is cute Sue!

shanna said...

So adorable! I love that you are hanging out in the backyard together - sometimes the simplest things are the best. Elyse - you are the cutest!