Suzy's Zoo..... I love my little zoo and hope this blog will help me remember all that is too easily forgotten. I'm learning to love the little things, enjoy the whole, and (all the while) love the God who gives all good things.
August 11, 2009
A vacation from my problems!
Okay, I couldn't resist that line from a favorite movie of mine, but we indeed got a vacation last week, and it was wonderful. Wonderful. Last Saturday, we headed up to northern Minnesota for a week with my family. My grandpa is gracious enough to take us all up to a cabin on a lake every year, and we love every day of it, even though we have done everything and have seen every square inch of that resort. Yes, we're a very traditional family, and we love it :) Certain "adopted" members of our family (I won't name any names, Nate & Jordan) get a big kick out of how we start taking about the next year's vacation the day we get home, but we just ignore the outsiders. This year was special to us because we were able to take Elyse with us on the OUTSIDE of me! It really did make vacation interesting (I'm beginning to realize that moms never really get a true vacation). We spent the week eating, playing games, trying to catch fish (which we didn't succeed at very well this year), eating, talking, relaxing, eating.... you get the picture. Though it's nice to be unpacked and settled back at home, I still wish we could just hang out for one more week. Here are some pictures of our time, a select few of the many :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so glad you got such a great trip! yeah, too bad babies still have to eat & poop, wouldn't it be nice if they took that week off? :) :) pics look great!
I LOVE the pictures Sue! So glad you all had a good time!
Awww . . . such fun memories. Babies sure do make vacation interesting - but they make it more memorable. :)
awww- what fun! Looks like you had a blast with family :)
I love all your pictures - there's nothing like getting up into the woods, and I bet it's even more fun with all your family. Glad you had such a good time!
Looks like so much fun. Family is so important!
Post a Comment