August 15, 2009

What am I doing today?

Today I'm celebrating my husband. Today is his birthday! He has finally caught up to me in age... *cough, cough* Elyse and I made him a cheesecake & cinnamon rolls last night, and Elyse's help consisted of singing to Mommy while she baked. She hit some very interesting notes, and she really enjoys gagging at the end of each song, much to my dismay. I'm not sure how that feels, but it must be entertaining!

This week has really made me thankful for my man. I was dreading our first week home from vacation, because the calendar was looking quite crowded. Wednesday, I had to spend the day in Williamsburg to complete a certification for my job... even though I work at home... sometimes in my pj's... sometimes only a couple of hours a week. Yes, I am still struggling with my attitude. All that to say that Jordan covered for me smashingly. I had my first (I sure hope last!) bout with vertigo this week. I assume it was a result of our recent flights, but I do know it was awful. I couldn't walk a straight line to save my life or manage to keep food down, but Jordan took care of everything. I didn't have to ask him twice to do all the little things I get done during the mornings before he headed off to work. Yesterday morning, he took care of Elyse so I could go to the chiropractor and get some shopping done. She fought her morning nap most of that time, and though I'm sure it wasn't pretty, he didn't complain once. He even said they had "fun" together :) I was reminded this week again that I don't tell him nearly enough that he means the world to me, and not just because he helps me with Elyse.
He puts love to action verbs every day.

It was TEN years ago this month that we met in the first class of our college career. We were assigned seats next to each other alphabetically, and I vividly remember him sitting down next to me for the first time. Funny thing is, he remembers each detail, too :) It wasn't exactly love at first sight, but it was the start! NINE years ago this month, we started dating. We both love to laugh about our first goofy conversation and the fact that ten years later, we're spending life together. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect husband, and I'm so thankful that we're able to take this journey together. SO, today I'm celebrating my husband.
Happy birthday, Jordan! I love you!


(He's going to kill me when he sees I posted this picture!!!)

3 comments:

kellyH said...

so sorry to hear about your awful week. :( especially being sick, hope you're all healed!
graham does not nap good for andrew either. why are they such stinkers about that? :)
hope you had a fun celebration!

shanna said...

That was so sweet - you are such a good couple. Happy birthday, Jordan!

BTW I didn't know about your vertigo!? That's awful! A lady in my church had that last winter and couldn't be around crowds, had to leave church early, etc. It all went back to some weird ear infection! Glad you're feeling a little better and hoping this goes away. Love ya!

jeileenbaylor said...

What a sweet post. We loved you guys at NIU *smirk* and we think you're a pretty great couple still :)