* Elyse, milk is for drinking, not for smearing.
* Babe, can you toss this in the diaper pail? I'll wipe Emily up.
* Elyse, you need to stop squawking.
* Emily drinks milk, honey {meaning ELYSE}. She doesn't eat apples yet.
* Babe, if you get the little one, I'll get the big one. (My neighbor fondly calls them the "big" one and the "little" one since their names are tricky... I can't resist sometimes.)
* Elyse, it's okay if Emily's hands touch you. She's not hurting you.
* GENTLE.
* You need to eat the rest of your vegetables before you can have . . .
* No, we're not having cookies today.
* Emily's actually not sleeping, but we still need to be quiet.
* No, that's not another moon, Elyse, there's only one moon. It's up there!
* You can go see if that's a bus, Elyse. No, Mommy can't make more buses drive down our street.
* Don't touch Emily's eyes. Elyse? Look at Mommy. Don't touch Emily's eyes.
* Say "Yes, Mommy!"
* Say, "I will obey."
* Who do you want to sing "Happy Birthday" to?
* No, we're not going through the tunnel today, Elyse. Maybe another day.
* Daddy has to go to work.
* Mommy doesn't do 1-2-3's, honey, Daddy does 1-2-3's! (1-2-3's being the game where you count to 3 and throw a 26 pound toddler into the air and catch her on the way down. Sounds fun, right?)
* Yes, honey?
* No, it's "One, two, three, FOUR,..." not seven.
* "Happy birthday to poopie, happy birthday to poopie..." Yes, I said it.
* Honey, do you have to go potty?
* Elyse, what do you get when you go on the potty? No, not a kitty cat, a KIT KAT.
* "The wheels on the bus go round and round..."

2 comments:
ahh too funny!
oh my word, i connect with many of these...too funny!
Post a Comment