March 8, 2011

Welcome to West Virginia

Okay, totally kidding about that heading :)  These cousins just love each other.  I got to watch my two nephews and 1 niece over the weekend (just Friday and part of Saturday) and it was so fun.  I must say, just in case I was ever considering five children & a dog (which I wasn't), this might have changed my mind.  How do mommies with five children cook or clean?  Just wondering.  Other than that, we had a blast.  Elyse loved having someone to play with other than Mommy and Em, and E & S were so gracious to share their toys with the girls.  Several times, I'd see them helping each other with toys, or tasks, and I was just so impressed with their sweetness.  Elyse was especially impressed with the boys' marble racer.  HOLY COW.  I need one.  It was pretty much all she talked about both days, and she shed a great deal of tears whenever it was put away (whenever 2 certain cute babies were awake).  So, Jordan seems to think he had one as a boy, so I'm on the hunt!
I especially enjoyed my time with the kids because I wasn't at my house.  I had no cleaning, laundry, or other necessary distractions to keep me from enjoying the kids and just being able to take care of them.  NOT that it was boring, by any means, but it sure made it fun.  Ahh, if only every day were free of distractions like laundry! :)


2 comments:

Andy and Davina said...

Hey girl...I was just reading your post and I think they have those marble racers at Bergey's Breadbasket off of Mt. Pleasant Rd. Not sure if it's the kind you are looking for but it looked similar to the one in your post. Hope you all are doing well. The girls are adorable :)

JordanandSue said...

Great idea, Davina~ I'll have to look for it! Hope you guys are well :) Hey, if we keep up this string of girls, we may have to get in touch with your string of boys :)