
It was one year ago today that my Grandma Helland went home to be with Jesus. It seems like yesterday, in so many ways, yet SO much has happened in a year! I will always wish that she was able to meet Elyse. In fact, it was just after returning from her funeral that I found out I was pregnant. I remember telling my Grandpa that we had chosen the name Elyse, and after his initial reaction of, "What kind of name is that???", he commented that it sounds a lot like Alice, my Grandma's name. I have so many fond memories of Grams and all that she meant to me. I look forward to showing Elyse her pictures and telling her all the stories of Grams that I love. She's been with Jesus a year. Wow. I'm sure she doesn't miss this place a bit, but I sure do miss her.
"Homesick"
Bart Millard, Mercy Me
You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home
In Christ, there are no goodbye
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again
And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now.
3 comments:
That's sweet, Sue. I find myself thinking about my grandma all the time, so now I get what people say about how "they're a part of you." She is! I'm sure your grandma is the same way - and that's cool about how the name Elyse is a little like Alice. :)
Okay, so now I'm all blubbery after reading your post. I thought about Grandma alot yesterday, and then Nate used her as an illustration today too. Can't believe it's been a year already! Where did the time go??? Hope Gramps had a good day.
I was moved by your article about grandma. We all miss her. I'll never forget being by her bedside when she went to be with the Lord. I'm not as good with words as you, but you pretty much said it all.
Love you all.
Mom
Post a Comment