Suzy's Zoo..... I love my little zoo and hope this blog will help me remember all that is too easily forgotten. I'm learning to love the little things, enjoy the whole, and (all the while) love the God who gives all good things.
April 22, 2009
Not so brave...
Today I took Elyse to the doctor's for her 4-month check up. Things started beautifully. She weighed in at 14.1, and she is still 25 inches long. She was cooing for the doctor, melting my heart... all until the doctor decided to check her ears. An initial check turned into a small excavation, and my little darling went nuts. She broke out a new cry, one I'd never heard before. It was very similar to the squealing of a little pig. Poor baby. For some reason, I wanted to hit the doctor, and I truly wasn't prepared for that reaction. I know she was just doing her job, but it really got on my nerves. NOW I understand why mommies are always defending their little darlings! :) Anyway, it was downhill from there. Shots were next, and those were handled in similar fashion. Needless to say, nothing would calm her down at that point. Elyse has her first ear infection, apparently, and I had NO clue. The doc asked if she had been fussy... hmm, other than the fact that she was laying on the table screaming her head off, she's been happy. I'm sure the doctor is thinking, "Sure, she's been happy..." I had to chuckle. It did bring back TONS of memories when I gave Elyse her first dose of bubblegum-flavored medicine, though. Remember that, Kris? We used to BEG for that stuff! And, lest we feel too bad for Elyse, I brought her home and could barely get her to eat because she was smiling so much. Ah, if only she'll always be that forgiving... You can thank me for not posting any pictures of the actual event (none were taken), but I'll post HAPPY pictures of Elyse soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Bubble-gum medicine! Yummy! Poor little Elyse - how weird that she has an ear infection! Well, atleast the doctor caught it in time. I'm sorry it was such a miserable appointment - I would say they'd get better each time, but AJ's never did. :) And what a little porker! What percentile is she in? She's officially beat her little mini-cousin - Natalie holds no hard feelings. Give her a big big smooch from her Auntie Kris and I hope she'll be back to her normal self soon!! Love you, Elyse!!!!
Yea, she seems to be doing fine, though :( NOT FUN. She's in the 75% for her weight and her head :) and 90% for her length, just like last time. Elyse and Adrianna will probably always be jealous of their little mini-cousin, Natalie, for the rest of their lives... Ha. :)
I laughed out loud when I read you wanted to hit the doctor. HA! Poor little Elyse. Everything's so scary when it's new. :( Glad she's already forgotten about it, though!
you are able to put this event into words so well! isn't it so pitiful to watch the nurse poke their little legs when they are just laying there so unsuspecting?! life's rough, i guess they learn it early :)
and your post reminded me that my kids are behind schedule with their shots :)
Poor Baby Girl! I can't believe she has an ear infection! Eli always loved his meds...good thing too. Much longer on them and I think he would have officially been an addict. Give her kisses and tell her Eli feels her pain. :)
Awww...........poor thing. Audrey doesn't do good at the doctors either. Thankfully they forget all about it.
I love her 3 month picture.......so very cute!
Post a Comment