We woke up to a beautiful, warm 4th of July this year! My sweet neighbor brought this little outfit over for Elyse a few weeks ago since it's very vital for Elyse to have an appropriate outfit for her first 4th. Thankfully, it was darling, so we used it. I even put a little band on her head for the pictures we took, which was a first. Daddy survived :) We spent the morning at home together and the evening with good friends having pizza and watching fireworks. We even squeezed in a visit to Elyse's new friend, Brynne, which made me very happy. We ended up watching fireworks on a tug boat (since the owner graciously docked right in front of our spot), but minus the fuel smell, it was great ambiance :) Elyse was astounded by the loud fireworks (complete with opening her mouth in astonishment), but didn't whimper until the boats started making noise with their horns. Mean ol' boats... Fun was had by all, I think :)
Suzy's Zoo..... I love my little zoo and hope this blog will help me remember all that is too easily forgotten. I'm learning to love the little things, enjoy the whole, and (all the while) love the God who gives all good things.
July 5, 2009
Celebrating our Independence!
We woke up to a beautiful, warm 4th of July this year! My sweet neighbor brought this little outfit over for Elyse a few weeks ago since it's very vital for Elyse to have an appropriate outfit for her first 4th. Thankfully, it was darling, so we used it. I even put a little band on her head for the pictures we took, which was a first. Daddy survived :) We spent the morning at home together and the evening with good friends having pizza and watching fireworks. We even squeezed in a visit to Elyse's new friend, Brynne, which made me very happy. We ended up watching fireworks on a tug boat (since the owner graciously docked right in front of our spot), but minus the fuel smell, it was great ambiance :) Elyse was astounded by the loud fireworks (complete with opening her mouth in astonishment), but didn't whimper until the boats started making noise with their horns. Mean ol' boats... Fun was had by all, I think :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like such a fun day! LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfit on Elyse - too cute! Glad she liked the fireworks too. :)
I agree with Kris - the outfit with the headband is SO adorable! That top photo is just perfect. Glad you guys had a good 4th!
Sounds like you all had fun! I LOVE all of the pics - Elyse looks darling!
Post a Comment