December 30, 2009

Christmas Time Was Here!

Here are some pictures of our 7th Christmas together as a family. Speaking of family, I remember specifically mentioning to Jordan when we were first married that someday it would be fun to do things as a "family" and hearing his prompt reminder that we became a family the day we got married :) I love that.

We crashed at Anneke's and Izaak's house along with Seth and Bethany on Christmas Eve, and it was so fun to wake up Christmas morning and watch Shiloh and Eli anticipate opening the presents. I'm sure Elyse will be there next year, but for this year, she was pretty interested in breakfast alone. After reading the Christmas story together, we broke into presents and spent the rest of the day celebrating God's great Gift!!! I think the highlight of my day was probably the afternoon the "grown-ups" had while the kiddos were napping. We prepared a huge meal and enjoyed some great conversation without any distractions. Now that I'm in the mommy world, I realize what 2 1/2 hours of peace and quiet means! :) It made me so thankful for our siblings and for the great relationship we have with them! We love you guys! Yes, it was fun when the kids woke up, but definitely a different kind of fun :) Hope your Christmas was merry!

This was the best sight to me Christmas morning!


I love this guy!

Yes, she's fascinated with her own reflection...



Our Christmas buds. :) Love you guys!

2 comments:

cranny + b said...

the one of Elyse in front of the fireplace is precious.....love her little hands and feet!

Happy [almost] New Year! ;-)

kellyH said...

what a fun time and how fun to be with the siblings all together! I'm sure the heijermans were dying that they couldn' be there. :(
I love every minute with my boy, but I still love the quiet of naptime just as much. :)