No, it's not Elyse's birthday yet, but it is the first birthday of her bear, lovingly named Happy Bear until Elyse bequeaths it with a new name (when she can speak). Actually, the bear's birthday was yesterday. On December 14, 2008, Jordan and I had a "walk-this-baby-out" date to the mall, and we headed to Build-A-Bear so he could make a bear for the new baby. I still remember looking at his face when he surveyed the clothing bins for the bears. I don't know what he was expecting, but it was NOT Hannah Montana glitter-wear. He finally settled on the most innocent outfit in the bunch, and he even requested the bows. Elyse LOVES this bear so much, in fact, that she will usually stop mid-scream to smile and bury her face in the bear. There are many times that the bear has napped with her, in fact, and I don't feel guilty at all. Whatever works. The "walk-this-baby-out" method we used last year obviously did not work, as Elyse made her entrance on Christmas Eve. BUT, I look back at those antsy days with fond memories (believe it or not). We sure had fun anticipating her arrival! I can't wait to see what Daddy will build for the new baby. I'm sure it will be done with just as much love. Happy birthday, Happy Bear! Thank you for sparing us moments of sheer insanity! May you continue to bring joy to an occasionally grumpy little girl. And may you always maintain the two bows on your ears, as opposed to losing them to my daughter's belly. AND, may I never find Elyse trying on your underwear.
2 comments:
That is the sweetest thing ever. I had a bear I loved when I was little, too. His very awesome name was Mr. Bear, ha! Elyse's is even cooler. :)
Okay, that's too cute. I still remember you telling me about Happy Bear. ;) I would love to see her cuddling with it - maybe it will become like your "bald-head" baby. :)
Post a Comment