To my dear Emily,
1. I love your smell. I had almost forgotten how beautiful a newborn person smells.
2. I love the way you sleep on my stomach. Your sister does her best to wake you at times, but you sleep so deeply.
3. I love the dreamy smiles you bless me with in your sleep. Please keep smiling!
4. I love your tiny toes and fingers. You are wonderfully made.
5. I love hearing your little noises (at least the ones you make with your mouth). They are so cute, I could just squeeze you.
6. I love when your eyes are open. You're only two weeks old, so I'll cut you some slack, but please let me see more of those baby blues!
7. I love your fuzzy hair. I love it, love it, love it.
8. I love your squishy temples. I could kiss them all day.
9. I love how sweet and easy you are to please!
10. I love looking at you and being reminded that your Daddy and I are in love for life. We love you to pieces, too!
I made your sister promise in the hospital when she was 1 day old that she would never grow up. She obviously hasn't kept her promise. I don't expect you to keep this promise either, but I'll still ask that you stay newborn forever. I have to at least ask.
7 comments:
Sweet sweet thoughts and precious pictures too!
SO sweet, love it!! Don't you feel like you can enjoy this newborn stage so much more because you have some idea of the process? that's how I felt with the triplets this weekend! beautiful pic and hope you're able to get some rest!
Sweetest post ever. Totally have tears in my eyes.
So precious!!! She looks so little still, and I'm glad b/c I want her to be very little and newbornish when I meet her. :) Yes, they do grow way too fast - enjoy these fun times. :)
This post makes me almost ready for number 2...almost :) I need to get this sweet girl in my arms again soon ...And you are looking awesome!
I am totally crying Sue! What a beautiful post--it echoes my own thoughts exactly. You look absolutely wonderful Sue--what a precious picture!
I have to agree with everyone else...you look fabulous! The post was lovely too.
Post a Comment