June 9, 2010

The "not-so-careful" family


I came home from a quick grocery trip yesterday to find this picture on my camera. ONLY when Daddy is babysitting would a stunt like this take place, and I absolutely LOVE it. You see, I come from the careful family (a long-standing joke), and a member of the careful family would never do something so foolish as to prop up a newborn baby against a very squirmy toddler (even if Daddy's careful hands are within inches of this frame). You see, Elyse hasn't even really held her sister yet. I know, I know, I'm probably a bit extreme, but if you saw what this girl does to her baby doll, you'd make the same decision. I promise. I'm telling you, she's brutal. Her poor doll. It's just simply not a good idea to have her holding Emily right now. But, that is why it is so important that a member of the careful family marry a normal person: so we can get really cute pictures (and a myriad of other reasons). I love these two pumpkins, and I love their daddy who made this picture possible.

P.S. I also love this picture because Elyse is holding the remote (a known "no-no" in our home) while she watches her favorite movie. Deep down, I couldn't give a rip, but you see now why mommies just aren't as fun, right? :) Stay tuned: you just might see a picture of Elyse holding Emily next :)

5 comments:

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

This is hilarious!!! Yes, our careful family wouldn't approve, but that's why we married dare-devils. :) Love that Elyse looks like such a pro with that remote!!!

juliechall said...

I love this!!! I think Emily looks just as concerned as you are :) And yes...Rob is way more fun than I am too!

Anonymous said...

So funny! I want to reach my arm into the picture and keep Emily from toppling over the edge. Can Elyse's hair get any curlier?

kellyH said...

elyse looks like such a big girl. She totally looks ready to change the channel the minute she gets bored. :) cutie-patootie!!

jeileenbaylor said...

This post just cracks me up ;) I love the pic of those two sweet girls ;) Oh and I TOTALLY know what you mean about the baby doll. The other I found Maddy putting hers in her toy blender!