Suzy's Zoo..... I love my little zoo and hope this blog will help me remember all that is too easily forgotten. I'm learning to love the little things, enjoy the whole, and (all the while) love the God who gives all good things.
May 15, 2009
Smiley Girl
As sad as it is to watch Elyse seemingly get bigger by the minute, there are so many new funny things that make it all okay. I admit, there's nothing like curling up in the corner of your couch with that little newborn baby, so helpless, making all sorts of little squeaks and grunts (the baby, that is)... *sigh* In fact, I think that's all I did with Elyse for the first six weeks of her life! BUT, listening to my baby's giggle just about tops the charts. I love how Elyse just waits for someone to look at her so she can laugh. Last night I was folding diapers next to her, and she was making all sorts of flirty faces, looking at no one in particular. That has to be the funnest thing ever. Along with all this silliness, there is also a new "gusto" to her cry, too :) Let's just say it's not quite as helpless as it used to be. Don't worry, I won't be posting any pictures or videos of that, but I will post a happy picture of the little goober. And just when I think she's growing up too fast, she'll fall asleep on my shoulder, just like she did 4 months ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
For some ODD reason, our computer blocks your blog due to "inappropriate content" and I have to enter our password everytime :) Who knows!!
I do just love reading your posts. You are a good writer, and Elyse is getting even more adorable- is that even possible?
We are headed to Indy on Monday for Sam's wedding next week. Your sweet mom is going to be taking care of Elliot during the wedding. How fun :)
That's hilarious, Nina! You know me and my inappropriateness :) Have a great trip to Indy!
Love this picture! Yes, I agree that NOTHING tops a cute little baby giggle. :) I can't wait to hear lots of giggles on vacation this summer - I have a feeling that Elyse and Natalie will get a kick out of each other. They do grow up way too fast. And there's not a day that goes by that I don't sadly think of how fast AJ has grown up - she's a big girl now. BUt at the same time, I would never go back - each stage is so special. :)
I can't wait to see the little munchkin again!
I hear ya, one of Audrey's sweetest voices are when she is laughing. Preston really gets her going. Preston is really into dinosaurs and he roars a lot and Audrey is starting to too. It is really cute........not girly in the least, but cute:) Elyse is getting so big and so very cute. I love the she didn't lose her hair.
Post a Comment