June 6, 2009

6 Amazing Years!




You guessed it: today is the sixth anniversary of our marriage! Do we look like kids in that picture, or what? Six years ago today, we committed to put up with each other for life :) In all seriousness, it has hardly been "putting up" with my wonderful husband. I think, rather, he has done his fair share of putting up with me. As well as I know myself, he has put up with a LOT. It kind of makes me laugh to think about all the times I've burst into tears at the slightest annoyance (no laughing, Kris), how I've distracted him from his studies more times than I can count, how I've asked him to kill spiders the size of ants, how I've sat down to dinner in disgust because I'd ruined the perfect meal, how I've procrastinated on laundry until our hamper is bursting at the seams,... the list could go on and on, and those are only some of my minor flaws! And, in response to his needy wifey, he has consoled me without laughing at the pitiful reasons for my tears, he has gladly put his books aside to spend time with me, he has bravely slaughtered every bug in the house, he has praised the crummiest of meals, he has done laundry himself without even telling me,... and none of this with a word of complaint. I truly married up. Last year for our fifth anniversary, we took an amazing trip to Vancouver, BC. This year, we find ourselves pressed for time and money, so we can't go traipsing off to Canada, yet that in no way diminishes how special this day is! Marriage is such a wonderful gift from God, and marriage to the man of your dreams puts the icing on the cake. Don't worry, I'm not going to get all sappy, so I'll wrap it up. Jordan, you're such a good husband and I'm thankful for the wonderful six years we've had together. Thanks for putting up with me and for partnering with me for life!

5 comments:

shanna said...

Happy anniversary, guys. You are one of my favorite couples ever. :)

PS You DO look so young in those pictures, but you didn't seem it at the time at all! So weird that it's been six years! Love ya!

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Can't believe it's been six years - we all looked a little younger back then. :) Hope you two enjoy a special day together (maybe later!). Love you!

Karis said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post. Yay for wonderful husbands.

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

Congrats you guys. I remember you guys in college dating and now you are married with a little baby.

jeileenbaylor said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! WE are so happy for you! On your anniversary this year- tim and I were actually talking about how we came by to visit you the week before you guys got married - remember what we said to you? hahah! We were laughing thinking about it. We love you guys! And I am SURE that our little gals will be fast friends when they meet!