For Fathers' Day this year, Elyse and I decided to give Daddy a shirt and a nice picture. The "nice picture" part involved us getting a professional picture done :-/ We went over to The Picture People one afternoon (and Jordan didn't even suspect it, apparently) and had our first mommy-daughter photo shoot. It went pretty well, considering it fell during Elyse's afternoon nap. As the photographer was finishing up, Elyse had a meltdown, but the "keeper" had already been shot, thankfully! Jordan was sufficiently surprised, and it was all worth it. We enjoyed a great day together yesterday, even though Jordan and I were both fighting colds. We went out to lunch at Bakers Crust and enjoyed our all-time favorite dessert, a Crepe Cannoli. If you've never been there, it's worth the trip for this crazy dessert! I'm so thankful for our phenomenal fathers, and now I'm thankful that my husband will be joining their ranks as the esteemed family doctor for boo-boo's of all sorts, family wrestler for tickle fights, family jokester when someone's in a foul mood, family counselor (just in case), etc. Most of all, I'm thankful that he will lead our little family in a biblical, God-honoring way, just like our dads did and still do!
Daddy's girls :)
I also had to add the proof for the picture the creative photographer took after Elyse's meltdown. I give her props :)
5 comments:
what a great idea to do the professional pic!! it is a BEAUTIFUL one! we haven't ventured to one yet! we got Andrew some t-shirts too. :)
Looks like you all enjoyed your day! I just love your picture with you and Elyse, Sue - so beautiful!!! I bet Jordan just loves it.
Great picture, Sue - you both look beautiful!
PS What is a crepe cannoli? Does that mean it has ricotta filling? If so, YUM and I want one.
Yes, Shanna- it is the best thing EVER, and I can't seem to find a recipe even similar to it. Want to take on that project? :)
GREAT pictures of you two :)
Post a Comment