Notice the stretch of slip 'n slide in the background!
Suzy's Zoo..... I love my little zoo and hope this blog will help me remember all that is too easily forgotten. I'm learning to love the little things, enjoy the whole, and (all the while) love the God who gives all good things.
June 12, 2009
Dawn at Dusk
Last night we hosted our biennial slip 'n slide event in the backyard. At the end of our 2007 event, we renamed it to "slip 'n bleed," but we played it a little safer this year (no, there weren't really any injuries...). Mom and Dad joined in on the fun, and we soaped up the slide with lots of dish detergent (thus, the blog title Dad came up with), water, four grown men, and two little boys. This year, the ladies decided to spectate, which worked for both the guys' egos and our cleanliness. It was hilarious to watch the guys work on their form, especially Shiloh, who sometimes missed the slide altogether! I wish videos were easier to upload, but you'll have to take my word for it. It was quite funny. It's amazing to think about what has changed in two years. Two years ago, Eli and Elyse weren't around, Shiloh was just learning to toddle around, and Seth and Bethany had just moved to VA. I heard a lot more complaints from the guys this year, too, about how sore they were :) (Not you, honey, the other guys.) Here are some pictures of our preceding dinner with the clan (minus Uncle Seth who got in late). We praise God for family that we love and get along with so well! Thanks for visiting, Mom & Dad!

Notice the stretch of slip 'n slide in the background!
Goofy guys!
The cutest nephews in the world with their parents :)
Dad, Bethany, and Mom
Sweet Eli
Working on a new strategy...
Not ready for the slip 'n slide this year!!!
Notice the stretch of slip 'n slide in the background!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fun! We did get some great pics. I didn't get as much video since I was putting Eli down - I'll have to check yours out. Good times! :) Oh - love that one of you and your baby girl. :)
Post a Comment