May 24, 2009

5 months old!


Five months ago today, I was delivering a baby. Whew. Instead of looking at it that way, five months ago today, we finally got to meet our baby girl! I still remember it like yesterday. A year ago, I was dying to wear maternity stuff, and only a handful of people even knew I was pregnant. I had no idea I would be having a little girl, but I think we had already decided on the name Elyse. I was feeling crummy, eating lots of fruit snacks and pickles, and trying to process the reality of being pregnant. That seems like yesterday, too! Here are some of my current "not-so-fun's" and "fun's":

Not-so-fun:
* That in-between stage of having lots of energy and no mobility whatsoever yet (other than spinning 180 degrees)
* The ANGRY scream (yes, MOM, she does do this)
* She's finally pulling my hair

Fun:
* Watching her try so hard to sit up
* Listening to all the new squeals and shrieks
* Giggles
* Chubby legs!
* The fake, loud laugh
* Watching her mimic things we do with our faces
* Knowing she recognizes me (that's so vain...)

Here are some pictures to celebrate (like you haven't seen any pictures of this child). I have been going a bit crazy with iphoto, but they make it too easy to do this stuff!!! To see how she's grown, click here. Happy 5 month birthday, Elyse! We love you SO much! Now get off the computer.





6 comments:

shanna said...

OK, that top picture is adorable beyond words.

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

Love, love, love these pictures! Happy birthday, Elyse! It seems like yesterday we were sitting around the Christmas tree, getting that anticipated phone call from you! No, it's not vain that you love it that she knows you - my heart still does a little flip-flop when I see my girlies light up when they see me. :)

jeileenbaylor said...

Oh my word- what precious pictures and precious thoughts! I totally agree with you. It is so nice to look back and see where we were at a year ago! Maddy does that angry/discontent scream sometimes - too funny! Well, you have a cute little gal on your hands - can't wait to see and hold her (and for Maddy to be able to play with her ;)--ahhaa!

cranny + b said...

oh, I love her! She is so beautiful, Sue!!! Hope you guys are having a relaxing day off!

Anneke said...

I LOVE those pictures! We missed her (ok, and you guys too) this weekend. We should hang out this week!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so awesome. I can't believe she is already 5 months!