May 5, 2009

The crib mystery solved!

Ever since Elyse started sleeping in her crib at night, I have wondered how she puts herself to sleep. Many times I have wanted to go in her room and just spy on her after I put her down. Lately, she has been going down giggling, and that makes me even more curious! Well, last night we got to watch her fall asleep (we haven't done that since she was pretty little). It was so funny! I wish I would have had a video camera to capture this. The whole process took about 20 minutes. After she got all her giggles and wiggles out, she put her right thumb in her mouth and covered her right hand with her left. What happened next just about had us both crying with laughter. Rewind: Jordan has this really "cool" habit. In his sleep, sometimes his arm (LEFT arm) will rest on his forehead (or float above it) and just kind of "hover." I put "cool" in quotation marks, because sometimes his elbow will bonk me in the head :) Needless to say, we have had lots of laughs over this phenomenon. Well, sure enough, Elyse's left arm started "hovering" over her face! It must have gone on for at least 10 minutes before both arms ended up over her head and she passed out. I just want to know: How does something like that get passed down? I guess it might be just like any other mannerism, but it was just hilarious to watch. Most of you probably haven't even cracked a smile while reading this since it's really pretty uninteresting, so I'll post some pictures and move on :)


This is the closest I can get to capturing the pose! Just imagine her arm suspended over her head :)


These are pictures of Elyse dressed up for the events of the weekend: seminary graduation and church.

4 comments:

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

Okay, that's funny and too weird! How does that happen??? You have to catch it on video sometime. I just LOVE your new pictures! How come your daughter always looks well dressed and ready to go out on the town? I can't say the same for my munchkins. :)

Anonymous said...

Sue - This was HILARIOUS. I'm curious how it gets passed down too. Hee Hee.

Anneke said...

HILARIOUS!!! Poor Elyse. Hope she doesn't get any more bad habits from Daddy... :)

janethelland said...

Now, that's funny! She not only looks like Jordan...but she sleeps like him, too! She's such a sweetheart.