May 2, 2009

I think she looks like...

It didn't take me long to realize that the question I would get asked most as a parent would be, "Who do you think she looks like?" I know some people get annoyed by getting asked the same question over and over again, but I love it. I love to hear others give their 2 cents on who they think Elyse looks like. SO, to set the record straight, or to at least explain why I think she looks NOTHING like me, here are a couple of baby pictures I dug out. I must admit, each time I go to look at my baby pictures, I think to myself that, surely, she'll resemble me this time, even a little. Right? Wrong. I can verify first-hand that she did exit from me, for those of you who will conclude that she can't be mine.


Me, Elyse and Jordan, just days old.


Me, Jordan, Jordan and me :) I love his hair!!!


She looks so much like Jordan in these pictures!


And lastly, these are pictures of Elyse along side of Aunt Anneke pictures. And I thought Elyse had a lot of hair! As you can see, I REALLY think she resembles her handsome daddy and pretty aunt :)

So, my conclusion is that Elyse must just look like Elyse. Isn't it a miracle that each person is uniquely individual? I can't wait to see how she'll grow and change even more.

6 comments:

shanna said...

Oh, gosh. I really hope someday that I'm able to look at stuff like this without getting a lump in my throat. It's just seriously awesome to see how a little person looks and blends her parents. Which, by the way, is me saying that I still think she's a gorgeous blend of both of you.

PS - People have always told me I don't look like my mom (I mean, you know, she's blonde while I'm dark hair and dark skin) and it used to bug me. But as I've gotten older I've seen that not only do I have her round face (awesome.) but I also have a LOT of her mannerisms and quirks, and that's kind of cool, too.

Love ya.

Mom said...

Wow -- I thought she looked like her daddy and auntie, but these pictures are amazing. Never "fear", Sue...Elyse is like you in many way, especially her eyes...just gorgeous. And she will surely pick up on your delightful mannerisms and personality. I am so very thankful that you are Elyse's mom and Jordan's wife - you bring joy, fun, and great wisdom to this crazy family. And you are a tad crazy, too. I love you, appreciate you, and am so thankful for you. Love and hugs, Mom

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

Oh, these are so fun! Holy Cow, she looks like Jordan and Anneke!!!! I didn't realize how much she looks like her Auntie A. until I saw these - good thing her Auntie is beautiful. :) Sue, I have to say that Natalie looks a little like you - I look at these pics of you and it makes me think of her. It'll be interesting to compare in about 2 years!!! :)

Michael, Nina, Emma, Elliot & Ethan said...

sue, these are priceless. yes! she most definitely favors Jordan and his family. it must be so much fun to look back at these now that you have a little one to compare them to!

Anonymous said...

These were so much fun to look at Sue!

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

Wow, I can't belive how much she looked like Jordan's baby pictures. I really do think she looks like you now though. She is absolutly beautiful. You guys are such a cute family. I wish we could all get together someday.