May 12, 2009

Mommy's Day

Being a stay-at-home mom is the best gig EVER, and I believe it with all my heart. My first official Mother's Day was wonderful. I know Jordan took the opportunity to make me feel so special, yet I really feel like I am the one who should be making him feel so special for making it a priority that I be at home with our daughter. Before Elyse was born, I remember sitting down and crunching the numbers in hopes that somehow staying home and quitting my job would make sense. Never once did the numbers add up and "justify" the sacrifice that we thought we were making. Looking back at these four and half months, not ONCE have we had to do without something we needed, I am able to work here and not miss a minute with Elyse, and we have had more than we could have anticipated by God's grace. Yea, there were definitely some changes, but even cloth diapering is totally worth it :) I have not once been bored at home (contrary to my suspicions), and I have found the mommy-pace to be exactly what I love. I really do have my dream job! I thought a lot about our moms on Sunday and am so thankful that they made it a priority to be home with us. I know it doesn't always work out this way, but I am so thankful that it has worked for us. Thanks, honey, for letting me do what I love! Here are some pictures from Sunday of the munchkin.




Aunt Bethany babysat Elyse almost a MONTH ago and emailed this picture to me on Sunday morning- it made my day!!!

4 comments:

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

That was so cute of Bethany! What a fun auntie. :) Love all the pics! I always knew you'd just LOVE staying at home - we always wanted to be just like Mom. :)

shanna said...

I just love reading your posts, Sue. They are so sweet. Glad you had a happy Mother's Day (good job, Jordan!) and really glad for how God's provided for you to stay at home. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sue, Did I tell you yet that you are a great writer? I loved this post. It's encouraging to hear that even if the numbers don't make sense, it is so worthit. I can't wait to have kids but on paper, it SEEMS like a financial sacrifice, so you make me have hope : ) Love ya! Bethany

cranny + b said...

aw, Sue, you are such a great mom!!! Happy Mother's Day a little late!!! :)