(YES, we ate it :)
Suzy's Zoo..... I love my little zoo and hope this blog will help me remember all that is too easily forgotten. I'm learning to love the little things, enjoy the whole, and (all the while) love the God who gives all good things.
June 11, 2009
The new "normal"
Our anniversary this year was a bit different than anniversaries past... we have a baby :) We had such a good time, though, and wouldn't trade this stage for anything in the world. In many ways, we feel like we've always been parents, yet the drastic life change still hits us every once in a while. We were talking the other day about the first six weeks home with Elyse, and how it really was "survival mode." I don't think it really hit us until after those initial weeks passed that we really MISSED each other! We're learning now to be more purposeful with our time together, even if much of it is with Elyse. Thankfully, she usually keeps her thoughts to herself so we can converse :) Ha. Anyway, Jordan's mom was in town, so she was kind enough to watch Elyse while we headed out to the beach for dinner. It was wonderful. So, I know this is the most boring blog post EVER since there are no pictures of Elyse, but I have to change it up every once in a while! Thanks for a great anniversary, hun!





(YES, we ate it :)
(YES, we ate it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh yes... I know just what you mean about the new "normal." :-)
Happy Anniversary! Glad you got time away for the evening.
hear ya all the way. thankfully we have this FABULOUS friend who is going to allow us an anniversary child-free. :-)
How fun!!! You two look great as usual. And I'm laughing at your comment that Elyse keeps her comments to herself so you can converse - enjoy that for about another year. :) If you could only hear our dinner conversations with Adrianna at the table - it's almost like speaking in tongues with her talking over us! :) Glad you guys had a great anniversary!
Congrats on 6 wonderful years :) "Watermans" is such a good restaurant! WE loved their crab cakes -yum!
Post a Comment